• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Can I transplant conventional plants into organic soil?

Hey guys, so I found a couple bhuts and a red savina yesterday at a local nursery and couldnt help but buy them.
The only thing is I noticed they are in conventional soil with those little bubbles that have conventional ferts...they're in like 4" pots and about 8-10" tall.

My main question is whether I can transplant them into the organic soil blend I'll be using?
I kinda really want to knock off as much of that conventional soil as possible. But will this adversely effect the plants if they are switched to organics? I know I can never call them organic but thats all I intend to use.

Thanks guys,

-Quezada

If your organic soil is ready to go you could remove much of the soil and put it into your pot. It may take a while to recover from stressing it but it should be alright.
If you have a fairly hot soil mixture I wouldn't want their time released fertilizer in there as well.

Proud Marine Dad said:
If your organic soil is ready to go you could remove much of the soil and put it into your pot. It may take a while to recover from stressing it but it should be alright.
If you have a fairly hot soil mixture I wouldn't want their time released fertilizer in there as well.
Alrite, the soil isn't hot. It just sunshine #4 with  worm castings, bunny manure, kelp, ag lime, and (maybe chickity doo doo). Still debating whether I should add that chicken manure fertilizer. If i do it'll be the only fertilizer in there with a numbered npk ratio.

7potquezada said:
Alrite, the soil isn't hot. It just sunshine #4 with  worm castings, bunny manure, kelp, ag lime, and (maybe chickity doo doo). Still debating whether I should add that chicken manure fertilizer. If i do it'll be the only fertilizer in there with a numbered npk ratio.
If it's organic NPK means nothing. ;)

Back