• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Can you use pickled peppers for sauces?

A few weeks ago I had to many peppers to deal with so I tossed a bunch in some vinegar and shelved them. Now that I have made a few sauces, I want to make more and I am out of fresh peppers, haha. Can I use the pickled ones? I doubt I will ever decide to grab a jar of super hots and start munching on them, would much rather a sauce or two to splash on some wings :)

TV - I'd blend the peppers you have in the vinegar they're in if you're looking to make sauce right now.  If not, I'd mix the individually pickled peppers into other sauces when I needed.  Especially if what's in that vinegar is super hots - you can keep them in the vinegar and then pull em out whenever you make a new sauce cause they'll keep for months and months in vinegar in the fridge.  Easy peasy baby!

SmokenFire said:
TV - I'd blend the peppers you have in the vinegar they're in if you're looking to make sauce right now.  If not, I'd mix the individually pickled peppers into other sauces when I needed.  Especially if what's in that vinegar is super hots - you can keep them in the vinegar and then pull em out whenever you make a new sauce cause they'll keep for months and months in vinegar in the fridge.  Easy peasy baby!
Thats what I was hoping to do. I have half dozen or so quart jars full of brain strains and scorpions and they make GREAT sauces! I am even going to use the garlic, carrots, and whatever else I put in with them

PepperDaddy said:
I was add a mexican restaurant last summer and they had pickled jalapeno relish and salsa on the side.  I mixed them together and it was killer.
That sounds pretty good!

Thats why I love this site, the ideas are never ending!

Back