Canadian Company Selling at American Shows

Hi all,

Again, I come to the best with another question.

We eagerly want to start going to the US shows, but need clarification from the industry on what exactly is required.

I can legally sell my product (FDA registration) via Online sales, but I have been told that if I want to attend a show, like WOF, Fiery Foods, etc, I need to have somebody who is a US Citizen collect money for us.

The other item I am unsure about is how do I get 20 cases of my product across the border to sell at the show?

Is there anyway around this? We want to be at the WOF (only a 6 hour drive from here) but need clarification on the above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

here's a link-
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/trade/iius.ctt/iius.pdf

One question to add to your list is- if you bring your product across the border and pay import/duty tax on all of it, what happens if you don't (This would never happen but...) what happens if you don't sell out and have to bring product home? Do you get a refund?!?

There are commercial brokers who deal with this stuff all the time for a fee. Or just contact customs directly.

Do you have all your personal travel documents in order?

Bump to see if JakeAlbert has found any information?

SL

Sorry for my late response, no disrespect implied. Salsa Lady thanks for the information, I will contact Customs this week and post my findings. Thanks for the quick reply.

Back