• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Canadian Ladybug suppliers?

Saw a couple aphids on my plants today, and its pretty unlikely they will be the last this year.

Does anyone have a Canadian source for ladybug/beetles or other insects that will eat aphids?

all a google search turns up is like 1500 from amazon for 100$, I've only got 6 plants so that seems excessive, both in cost and number of bugs.

Hi Fireface, here is a link for natural insect control companies in the US and Canada.

Predator insect link

There are four companies listed for Canada, with two of them being in BC and another two situated in Ontario.

Since you live in Edmonton, you might consider contacting Greenlands Greenhouses; they are just north of Sherwood Park on Cloverbar Road, just north of the Yellowhead.

And Ellerslie Gift and Garden also carries ladybugs and praying mantids i believe, and they are on Ellerslie Road, just west of the QEII.

dvg

awesome, thanks so much

I had to resort to chemicals last year and it really effected my plants, I'm hoping this year I can go au naturale and get rid of these little buggers

Last year I lucked out and had ladybugs land on my plants when they were out getting some sun. If that weren't enough the actual ladies in the ladybugs laid eggs. I had all kinds of larva on my plants. totally decimated the aphids.

Back