• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CaneDog 2022 Glog

Happy 2022 everyone and good luck with the new season. I suppose it's time to get the new glog going with it being the new year and all. I'll start off with some pics I took over the last couple weeks of plants in the indoor grow. Right now I have two tents with T5HO's for the indoor plants and the OW's about as far away as possible in the house under an HLG 100 4K.

Yaki Blue Fawn - I didn't grow this last year, but after seeing the success PaulG and Dragonsfire had with their Yakis recently I'm psyched to have one going again.
20211209 YakiBF.jpg

1 of 2 of Uncle E's Naga Smooky Rainbow x 7 Pot Yellow crosses from seeds he sent me.
SmookyXD.jpg

A couple Uchu Cream x Mutant, 1 filiform and 1 not. Seeds from Catchthebear AKA Matt's Peppers
Together
20211209 Uchus.jpg

and later, separated
2021-12-24 UchuXMutant F.jpg

2021-12-24 UchuXMutant NF.jpg

Mutant Gum (also from Matt)
20211209 MutantGum.jpg

Aji Guyana, which I topped for being a little too exuberant, but it's still wanting to stretch. This is my 3rd generation growing these from seeds Wiri sent me and they've been awesome and produce PDQ in the PNW for a baccatum.
2021-12-24 AjiGuyana.jpg

And Bahamian Goat - an old favorite I skipped last season and am looking forward to growing again.
20211209 BahaGoat.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the good wishes!

- @HeatMiser I'll have both community garden plots going again this year. Telling myself again that THIS season I'll get an early start out there.

- @JJJessee Good luck with your yakis. Great combination of good-looking plants with useful pods.

A few new guys and updates on a couple above

Golden Reaper
20220102 GoldenReaper.jpg

Bahamian Goat
20220102 BahaGoat.jpg

SR Stripey
20220102 SRStripey.jpg

Fortuitous King BOC Cross (F3) - Selected F2 produced pale orange pods with a bleeding calyx (inset)
20220102 BOCX Pale.jpg

Mutantgum
20220102 Mutantgum.jpg

Purple Jalapeno
20220102 PurpleJalap.jpg

Uchu Cream x Mutant (Filiform) - I really enjoy how the early growth looks on the filiform mutants as they fill in. They remind me a bit of Lanceolatum during their similar early growth/filling out period.
20220102 Uchu x Mutant F.jpg

Last edited:
That mutantgum looks especially interesting to me 🙂
To me as well :) I'll be curious to see how it develops. I'm trying to remember if Matt said there may still be some variability in these. The other one is a bit less compact, but largely similar. IIRC your grow's pretty full, but I still have a few seeds left if you're interested to try your hand.

Other muntantgum
20210103 MutangumT.jpg

Last edited:
To me as well :) I'll be curious to see how it develops. I'm trying to remember if Matt said there may still be some variability in these. The other one is a bit less compact, but largely similar. IIRC your grow's pretty full, but I still have a few seeds left if you're interested to try your hand.

Other muntantgum
20210103 MutangumT.jpg
I'm interested but it won't be for the 2022 season 🙂

@CaneDog - Forgot to mention that your pic
of the Yaki Blue Fawn is an awesome head-
liner for your first post. If I had more use for
buckets of big red pods, I'd grow it again this
season. It is a perfect match for growing along-
side a Trippaul Threat and Purple Thunder, just
a wall pf purple foliage! I will enjoy watching
you work your magic with it!

Last edited: