• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cap 649

Well I got a seed labeled Cap 649..can't remember source but I think it was in the parcel on here. Anyway, the thing is huge, like 4' tall. Very big leaves with a lot of buds but only a very small pod as of right now. Not a real wide or bushy plant, just tall.

I cannot seem to find any good information on this type but read somewhere it is a small, compact plant. So my question to all you guru's is this:

Is this possibly a Cap 649? Are they really small and compact or are they bigger (taller)?
I can get a picture and post tonight but if anyone has any true characteristics of this plant, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry man, I did some more searching after I talked to you yesterday. Still no luck finding any info. Do you have any blossoms on it yet?

Pictures man! Pictures!!!

Judy's description also states that Cap 649 is small plant. Aji Norteno is tall with very big leaves. Can't find pic at the moment.

Mike

I have one plant growing, seeds were bonus seeds from pepperlover. It got tall really fast so I couldn't really keep it under my light without having to keep the light too high for the rest of my plants. So I set it on the window sill and sort of neglected it because I wasn't too interested in it. Poor guy, but they can't all be first round draft picks.

It got broken in half somehow after I planted it outside (maybe the hairy four legged creatures that live in my house?), so it's short now. I'll let you know how it grows though.

I have one plant growing, seeds were bonus seeds from pepperlover. It got tall really fast so I couldn't really keep it under my light without having to keep the light too high for the rest of my plants. So I set it on the window sill and sort of neglected it because I wasn't too interested in it. Poor guy, but they can't all be first round draft picks.

It got broken in half somehow after I planted it outside (maybe the hairy four legged creatures that live in my house?), so it's short now. I'll let you know how it grows though.

You got from pepperlover? Actually that is where I saw the description..only place I could find one but it says its small...this sucker aint small. I will post some pics tonight and maybe someone can tell me..and yes..there are blossoms and even one small pod..will take pic of those as well.

Here are two pics of the pepper plant.

101_0162-1.jpg

This pic is a tad blurry, but there are two peppers - one right in the middle and one to the lower right.

101_0163-1.jpg

Here is a pic of my Norteno from last year and a link to a pod pic from last years grow log.
Aji Norteno June 2010
Juneearlypods006.jpg

2010 grow log page 3 post #58 3rd pic early young pod
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/14530-2010-grow-log/page__st__40

CAP 649
C. baccatum var.pendulum

Very good tasting C.Baccatum needs long growing season small plant very good for pots or baskets pods have distinctive maturity habit it starts to ripe from the bottom to top changing color from light green to grand to red all three colors will appear on the pod same time, medium thick flesh mild flavor

my plants were small bushy only 2 feet at the most. what you have is Aji Norteno most likely its C. baccatum any ways i love eating C. baccatum fresh before they turn red as they becom sweeter when they mature

Back