• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Capezzoli di Scimmia (Monkey Nipples) pod test

I really liked this pod. After some reflection I think it would be great for just fresh eating, among other things. Whole pod tasted better than half pod with seeds. The half pod without seeds tasted good, but had way less heat. It has a nice clean fruity taste. It's very juicy when eaten whole, almost like a fruit gusher. The seeds do impart a little bitterness though. From what I can find, the origin is Bolivia, but it was cultivated in Italy by the late Dr. Mario Dadomo.

I've seen some pictures of pods that are yellow to orange color. And some with tiny points on the end. I've also seen pics of harvested pods that look like mine, kind of garbonzo bean like with a pale peach color. I don't know if there are different variations of this type, or if they continue to ripen to the darker orange. I'm going to leave a few on for a while to see if they change more.
Here's another video of one, wasn't really a review, but looks like a bunch of office folks taking turns trying it off of an indoor plant.

Back