• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

capsaicin Capsaicin to Combat Balding? Really???

Hey Everyone! I read the article posted on another thread here from the WSJ about the race to produce the hottest pepper. I read a couple of readers comments (on the WSJ), and some mentioned that hot peppers can cause blisters. So I Googled that topic, and in one discussion forum, someone claimed that rubbing a chili mixture on their balding head made their hair grow. Being a skeptic, I had to Google THAT topic as well. That's when I came across this article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569567 So, any feedback? Have any of you heard about this before?

ha,i remember my bald brother was dumping pore cleanser on his head twice a day for months trying to get a hair or two to grow. :rofl:

I doubt it. Never heard of anyone getting a blister from peppers either. I got blisters in a hot wing challenge before, but that was because they served them physically too hot.

my old hair dresser, one of the best in the industry, told me, at an early age, i should always massage my scalp whilst in the shower, and i always have. today i have a full head of hair, my brother is a qball. no peppers or any other props, just a quick massage in the shower.

if you are ever in guelph, ontario, canada and want the perfect hair cut, stop in to freddy's hair styling and ask for Dominic, tell him Marco send you!

Bald = genetic.

You can massage your hair until the cows come home - if daddy's bald & momma's got thinning hair, you gone go bald.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

my old hair dresser, one of the best in the industry, told me, at an early age, i should always massage my scalp whilst in the shower, and i always have. today i have a full head of hair, my brother is a qball. no peppers or any other props, just a quick massage in the shower.

if you are ever in guelph, ontario, canada and want the perfect hair cut, stop in to freddy's hair styling and ask for Dominic, tell him Marco send you!

Please tell me that Dominic doesn't get "too friendly" during the haircut. I'll go with the balding before I submit to a "massage."

Bald = genetic.

You can massage your hair until the cows come home - if daddy's bald & momma's got thinning hair, you gone go bald.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I had already accepted the reality of my genetics. I was just...hoping...you know....

They are actually doing research now with our peppers in cancer research. Don`t laugh but be glad to be part of a breaking edge.

Back