• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Captain Thom`s Dia De Los Muertos

Captain Thom`s Dia De Los Muertos

diodelosmuertosvc5.jpg

Ingredients:
Habanero, Smoked Habanero, Carrot Puree, Onion, Piquine Peppers, Smokey Pepper Vinegar, Lime Juice, Tequila, & Spices.

Well since yesterday was the Day of the Dead I thought I'd bust open this bottle of sauce I picked up at Zestfest.

When I opened it I swear I could smell the tequila. The pequine peppers in this sauce give it that great "picante" taste so many Mexican sauces have but unlike most Mexican sauces this is based on the Caribbean model of carrot-based habanero. A really nice sauce with a decent but not too hot heat level.

Consistency-wise this stuff is a little runny but not too watery. I does stick to food somewhat. You can see dark specks in this medium brown colored sauce.

I made some enchiladas last night and ended up consuming half this bottle. It compliments Tex-Mex food quite well.

Overall a decent and very creative sauce. Comes with a nifty skeleton thing that would make a great xmas tree ornament.

Taste 7/10
Heat 6/10

Ok Chuk, you've talked me into it. I've been selling this sauce for 3yrs and have yet to try it. As soon as my wife gives me permission to add another sauce bottle to the fridge I'm gonna open a bottle. Thanks for the decorating tips!

marcosauces said:
haha...i need a 3rd one....

Yup , I agree! 1 for BEER, 1 for sauces, and 1 for the rest of the family. Come to think of it, I am part of the family darnit, so 1/4 of the family fridge should be mine too!

"Excuse me dear while I stuff more beer and sauce into my 1/4 of the fridge!" :shocked: :lol:

Back