• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

care for peppers in ripening stage

My habs and Ghost peppers are starting to ripen now. Should I continue on my bi monthly tomato food feeding or ease up on the ferts during ripening?

What I read was that when u stop feeding u'll stress them and they will become even hotter then.
Also let them crave for water (not too much though).

Greetz,

Oli

I switched to a "bloom" fertilizer to increase the size and amount of pods. It seems to be going well so far. I don't "stress" my plants but I do cut back on watering a little bit.

I say keep going with the same routine.  At the same time those peppers are ripening... other peppers and flowers are forming... and the plant itself is still branching!!!  If anything they might need a little more fertilizer... especially potassium and phosphorous.   And as far as stressing for heat goes... I mean REALLY!? As though thewy werent hot enough already... :crazy: roflcopter

Noah Yates said:
I say keep going with the same routine.  At the same time those peppers are ripening... other peppers and flowers are forming... and the plant itself is still branching!!!  If anything they might need a little more fertilizer... especially potassium and phosphorous.   And as far as stressing for heat goes... I mean REALLY!? As though thewy werent hot enough already... :crazy: roflcopter
Mine are doing exact same! Just throwing pods, growing nice branches with lots of baby pods and new flowers all over. I've found they seem to do better with more ferts and a good watering every couple days. Unless it's super hot out the plants won't wilt too bad.

Back