• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Caribbean Red Puree and Powder

Last season I was a victim of a "Caribbean Red" substitution for Bhut Jolokia ... via seedrack.com.

I grew them out ... 3000+ pods on 30 plants.

I froze them after removing the stems.

Since then .. I tried my hand at turning 1000 grams of frozen pods into powder ... via a 700 Watt dehydrator ...

And pressure canned ... 1000g using Alabama Jack's recipe ... Mahalo AJ !!!!

reds.jpg

I've been lucky enough to get some fresh pods and powders of Scorpions, Douglahs, Bhuts, etc ... from some nice folks here on the forum ...

But these Caribbean Reds ... they are sooooo !!! hot ... they sure seem to qualify as "super hots" . :hell:

I'm gonna give some of my wife's patients, colleagues, etc ... samples :onfire:

I got many bags in two freezers from last season ... and 80 Trinidad's coming along this year ... :woohoo:

Rick's Blisterin' Anus Sauce
... has arrived ... :beer:

Same thing happened to me last year and gave me 2000 off 18 plants and a stockpile for sauces. I like their heat and flavor better then any store bought hab I have tried. Only hab I like better for flavor is a chocolate hab.

Nice! Yes, that chile can be nuclear as all heck, with a wonderful fruity flavor, and a crazy prolific producer. Add to that that they are one of the fast-growing, healthiest peppers I've seen, and the Caribbean Red has a sure place in my garden every year...

Back