caribbean reds

have a question, i have 5 Caribbean reds, 1 is loaded with pods, other 4 have  only flowers. all planted at same time. not sure whats going on. any ideas? 

Compare the bearing plant to the non-bearing ones:
in the ground or in pots?
If in pots, what kind of soil?
Full sun/partial sun/no sun?
What is ambient temp?
What is ph of water/soil?
How often do you water?
What ferts do you use?

As you can see lots of variables and impossible to answer with so little info.
Pics would help.

Hawaiianero said:
Compare the bearing plant to the non-bearing ones:
in the ground or in pots?
If in pots, what kind of soil?
Full sun/partial sun/no sun?
What is ambient temp?
What is ph of water/soil?
How often do you water?
What ferts do you use?

As you can see lots of variables and impossible to answer with so little info.
Pics would help.
+ 1 spot on !      :onfire:

4 are in pots 1 in ground. 1 in pot has pods. all soil is pure organic compost. went 100% organic for the last 15 years. all other peppers and tomato's have kicked ass all year. it's just  the other four that don't want to seem to set pods. maybe with the temps in Dallas cooling down they will.

yup, should see a bunch of pods from those flowers now that it is cooling off a bit. only have to water every other day now...thats progress!

rickster said:
4 are in pots 1 in ground. 1 in pot has pods. all soil is pure organic compost. went 100% organic for the last 15 years. all other peppers and tomato's have kicked ass all year. it's just  the other four that don't want to seem to set pods. maybe with the temps in Dallas cooling down they will.
doesn't make any sense , i have 70 plants all have pods and multiple of the same strains . 7  jays peach scorp / ghost all were loaded . thats weird        :onfire:

Sounds like you might have found the culprit. Hi temps play a big role. Consistently over 85 and your flowers will drop. Is it possible the ones not producing are in an extra hotter spot? Maybe more exposed to direct sun or blocked from any wind circulation?
My summer was almost entirely 90+ degrees from mid july until end of august. Only a couple that I could fit under the shade of a tree gave me any pods. Temps started cooling down the last couple weeks and now I got pods forming all over the place.

Back