• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

caribbean?

I'm pretty sure this plant was from the pepperjoe "Caribbean Blend" pack, but it doesn't look like any that are listed, as far as I can tell. The leaves don't look chinense.

CARIBBEAN CHILI AND HABANERO BLEND
"HOTTEST PEPPER BLEND AVAILABLE ON THE PLANET" What a Great Mixture of Caribbean Red, Orange Scotch Bonnet, Chiletepin, Habanero, Brown Congo and more. Hot! Hot! Hot! And what a value by purchasing them all together. Makes great hot sauces.You decide what is the Hottest Chili Pepper in this exclusive blend.

When ripe, they are a nice deep red. I can't remember the heat level of the first (and only) one I've consumed so far because I was eating other hot stuff at the time. There's not much consistency between the pod shapes.

hmm1.jpg

First pepper was around 1.75" long x almost as much wide (the others below this one are smaller):
hmm2.jpg

hmm3.jpg

hmm5.jpg

hmm6.jpg

hmm7.jpg

Any ideas what this is?

a baccatum species poss bishops crown, im with Armac

the cylex tells me its not a Caribbean and thus not a Chinense
also the leaves aren't typical Chinense

I harvested one today. Here it is (left) pictured next to a red habanero (right) and a quarter:

hmm8.jpg

Here it is on the inside:

hmm9.jpg

Here is the inside (left) compared to the red habanero's (right). The walls are noticeably thinner than the hab's.

hmm10.jpg

The taste was rather pleasant. It definitely does not taste like a habanero. To me it kind of tasted like a fresno pepper or a sweeter red bell pepper with less bite. The heat level seems around the upper end of cayennes, maybe even a little hotter, but it was definitely less than the habanero (which I tasted right after).

Back