• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Carlos Cancun Franken Habanero

I saw the top looked strange so I looked underneath.

IM004780.jpg

And found this:

Regular thickness of stem but 5+ are stuck together.

IM004774.jpg

IM004775.jpg

IM004777.jpg

IM004778.jpg

IM004781.jpg

IM004782.jpg

If I remember right it's from a virus in the seed,otherwise the plant looks healthy.
Pretty cool looking.
Wonder how it'll branch out.

I've seen pics of plants similar to this.
Not all the branches end up stuck together.

The plant branches like regular plants though some may be a couple branches stuck together.
It doesn't just keep growing like it looks now.
The top is a ton of small top branches that should each grow and branch like normal plants more or less.Some will still be stuck together but there still will be more branches.
It looks like some of the Leaf nodes are getting little branch starts now but my lack of skill with the camera doesn't let the pics show them...
I'll probably update pics as it grows if the mites don't get to it.

Hey Smoke, I had this happen to a cayenne of mine last season. I'm pretty sure you are right about the virus thing being the cause. My plant did the same thing and wasn't really producing and then. . . . POW!!! I couldn't pick the pods fast enough off that little bugger. I'd say keep that one around and see what happens.

If I remember right,it's not supposed to do any damage as far as mutating the seeds it produces.
I think I read the virus in the seed did something to the embyo that damaged it so the plant grows like this one is growing.
Might be able to spread from seed to seed in the pack,I don't think so though.I had hundreds of the seeds all together and in all the years I've sprouted them I never got a plant like this one(over 5yrs. at least).
I think the virus might be from in the pod or from when the seeds were drying.
The pods were carried through customs wrapped in a pair of dirty socks... :eek:
Maybe Toe Jam caused the virus. :rofl:

I've got a young cumari that has a similar growth 2 inches up the stem. I'll put up a pic after work today.

Mike

I thought it was due to a stuck seed hat but maybe not.

I just took notice to the panels. HOLY light panels. Do you put sunscreen on that plant? lol. Seriously though where did you get them?

I made the LED pannels from LEDs I baught on Fleabay.
They are 100-120 LEDs per Pannel about 200-400Lumens per Pannel.
Farthest away they work is about 6 inches or they aren't bright enough.
Don't use them unless you need supplimental light or love to solder(takes about 1 hr. each to assemble)and have lots of time to kill at work like I do.

PICT1949.jpg

I added more as the plant grew.
Started out with 8 pannels vertically and 4 above.Added 4 more vertically latter.
LEDs were about $13.for 2500.

I use mostly star LEDs now.
Homemade-they are good for about 18-24 inches away.
My grow shelves are 18in.X 18in.x 4ft.
I'll have them on 3 sides vertically and over the top.
Total of 448 per shelf.Roughly 11.000 to 20,000 lumens depending on the LEDs I use per shelf.Stars are from 25LM. to 190lm each.9 +wavelengths of red and blue.

IM004706.jpg

IM004695.jpg

Back