Carolina Reaper help needed!

All, I'm a long time reader and love this place for great information.  I've been growing a reaper plant from seed since Feb. The plant has taken off outside and is loaded with large green pods, some have been green for over 5 weeks...  Unfortunately, a storm just swept through and took out two of the large branches.  Will these peppers ripen to red now if I remove them from the branches?  Should I try to leave them on the branches and dip the end in water to see if they'll mature a bit longer.  Advice needed asap.

Exactly sir! Best bet is to leave em on the branch and stick the branch in water or in the dirt outside, the leaves will fall off but the pods will draw water and nutrients from the broken stem and have a much better chance at ripening.

Same happened to me on one of my ghost peppers, just shoved the branch in the ground, kept it moist and the ripened up just fine that way.

Thank you sevenstrings! I've placed them in a bucket of water with soluble plant food at the moment. Hoping I can get some to ripen. Tried my first one green and they are hot, but I expected hotter.

Back