Carolina Reaper Plants

Hello all. I ordered some CR plants from Ebay and they arrived yesterday. For some reason they do not look like chilli pepper plants to me. I may be wrong as this is my first shot at CR's. Anyone have any input. They are about 8-9" long and chopped off at top. I also order some scotch bonnet plants and they look what I think a chilli pepper plant should look like. Thanks. Pics attached of both.
46378203c9cb62704922605e9d8b81e0.jpg
2a2f0ef4d0b1396db46a9140e50f9485.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. They just look a little off to me. I'm used to seeing chilli plants more bushy like the ones in the scotch bonnet pic. I just transplanted them this morning so we will see what happens. I grew ghosts last year and the yield was incredible. At least 100 peppers.

Hola welcome, I second the comment. chili plant. But a bit of advice! Stay away from eBay or Amazon when you want some quality seeds or starts. Folks here are more than willing to sell either.

I wanted to stay away but I ordered some plants from a small farm but the screwed me in the end. This was a panic purchase as I didnt want to lose the season here in NJ. Thanks for the advice. Well noted.

The top one is definitely a superhot pepper. Only time will tell if it's a reaper.

The 2nd pic is a chili plant but both plants appear to be crosses or something other than reaper.

I have two Reapers that are tall like your second, and a third from same seed source that looks like your first.

Post back your results, and welcome to THP.

Happy growing :cheers:

I will definitely keep everyone updated as the season goes on. Being new here, is there a trading/selling section?

xbowmike said:
I will definitely keep everyone updated as the season goes on. Being new here, is there a trading/selling section?

Yes

Back