chinense Carolina Reaper Review-- VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

Well, here's my review of the dreaded Carolina Reaper. I already posted a topic about my bad experience with this pepper and now here's the review! And there is off camera puking so if you don't like the sound, deal with it! But anyways, enjoy the horrors that happened to me in this video! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgWkU3F1hns

Well, I for one am glad to see you're alright. What I got from your review is that the reaper is really really hot.

That was dried right?  I could not do that.  I have eaten a fresh Reaper, and it gave me some serious stomach problems that night. Cramps worse than any other pepper I have eaten.  I wouldn't eat a dried one though.  I would be afraid pieces it would get stuck in my throat and gag me.  Pretty sure you puked from drinking all that milk and water.  I am sure the pepper didn't help though.

JayT said:
That was dried right?  I could not do that.  I have eaten a fresh Reaper, and it gave me some serious stomach problems that night. Cramps worse than any other pepper I have eaten.  I wouldn't eat a dried one though.  I would be afraid pieces it would get stuck in my throat and gag me.  Pretty sure you puked from drinking all that milk and water.  I am sure the pepper didn't help though.
Yeah, it was dried. And lethal. Still questioning why the bloody nose happened. 

Try reviewing for flavor with peppers. Not eating the whole pod is fine. I'd rather see more YT reviews like that rather than challenges (YT is full of them). It also seems quite unhealthy. I'm sure eating a whole pod here and there is fine though. You could also show different ways to cook with superhots. I'm just offering suggestions since you don't want to repeat that horrible experience. It sounds like your throat swelled up a bit or a panic attack caused you to have trouble breathing. Your nose bleeding could have been from when you vomited. The vomit that came threw your nose could have torn something to cause bleeding.

Dulac said:
Try reviewing for flavor with peppers. Not eating the whole pod is fine. I'd rather see more YT reviews like that rather than challenges (YT is full of them). It also seems quite unhealthy. I'm sure eating a whole pod here and there is fine though. You could also show different ways to cook with superhots. I'm just offering suggestions since you don't want to repeat that horrible experience. It sounds like your throat swelled up a bit or a panic attack caused you to have trouble breathing. Your nose bleeding could have been from when you vomited. The vomit that came threw your nose could have torn something to cause bleeding.
Sounds about right. And thanks for the suggestions. I wont be eating whole superhots any time soon! I'm taking it easy for now. Thanks for watching 

DPW12315 said:
Sounds about right. And thanks for the suggestions. I wont be eating whole superhots any time soon! I'm taking it easy for now. Thanks for watching 

NP. It's good to take a break. I don't do reviews, but I'll eat whole superhots once in awhile. I never ate the reaper whole. I tried a piece of a fresh one and noticed it was hotter than I could handle. I ended up eating it in pieces over time because I liked the flavor and didn't want to waste it, lol.  I usually cook with superhots or eat them in pieces (they are great with cheese and crackers imo). My main problem with eating too many superhots is the effects of using the bathroom too much, lol. That problem occurs if I use or eat whole more than 1 and a half bhut jolokias (about 1 superhot), forcing me to eat less. I wish I could eat more without that problem! They are way better with food than by themselves, but I think tasting the pepper by itself is important for understanding the flavor and heat.

Back