• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Carolina Reaper seedling questions

So, I have a Corolina Reaper seedling and the stems are a light green color instead of the stems being purple like I think they should be . I have two green stem hooks and one green seedling. As far as I can remember, when growing super hots last year the stems were all purple from first hooks. Do you guys think that they arent Reaper sprouts? Seeing the green stems gives me reasonable doubt.

It's just luck of the draw if you get purple stems its how they react to lighting as far as I know I have supers with green stems more often than purple

Interesting Nightshade. As like I said in my post all the super sprouts from last year were purple. I guess I shouldnt be to worried, since I have more Reaper seeds germinating from a different source. The seeds havent popped yet. Hopefully, Im worrying over nothing :)

If you search purple stems I'm sure a ton of threads will pop up with your question and most of the responses are the same as mine and most responders are way more experienced than I just to reassure you.

From my experience the stems turn purple after the plants get a few weeks old. doesn't slow them down any for the stems to be green for an extended period of time.

I get a lot of chinense with green stems. I think it is because I start everything outside in the shade. I would not worry John. Where did you get your reaper seeds from?

I get a lot of chinense with green stems. I think it is because I start everything outside in the shade. I would not worry John. Where did you get your reaper seeds from?

I got them from somebody off of youtube. Yeah, I wont worry since I have more from another source germinating. Its sure it wierd how they are green though.

Back