• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Carolina Reaper - Smoking Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admastos

Banned
Hello everyone. I purchased some Carolina Reaper seeds direct from puckerbutt and smoking ed's. 4 plants in hydro and produced around 250 fruits so far. Still, non of them looks like a reaper. What do you guys think???

Thank you Redtail for the Welcome! 

Yes, they are par on the heat for sure! But I find it strange that non of the 4 plants grow true. They have the "texture" of a reaper, but looks more like a blend of scorpions and bhut jolokia. They are purchased from the man him self. Thanks for the replies! 

I think "growing true" is subjective as I see more that look like this than I do the infamous stinger variety. I'd consider this the true and the ones with the long scary stingers the oddballs. There's probably more "is this a reaper" threads on pepper ID than any other pepper all for the same reason. 

Hmm, this one is a toss up for me. On one hand I have heard that Ed is an alright guy, but none of my reapers ever looked like that. I would shoot him an email for sure. Are you sure you didn't get them from someone who shall not be mentioned that has the initials D.B.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back