• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cast Iron........"Hawaiian" style.........3 way

Appetizer

IMG_2530.jpg

Ingredients:...Pure Wasabi Powder, Black Sea Salt, Paprika Lemon & Lime Spice Blend, Yellow Fin Tuna, Sashimi Dipping Sauce, Sweet Thai Sauce,
Pickled Ginger, Wontons
Dried Peppers to be ground: (Dorsett Naga, Waialua, Caribbean Red, Sweet Hot, Serrano, Morita)

IMG_2538.jpg

Deep Fry Wontans at 335 degrees until golden, dust with Paprika Blend and set aside.

IMG_2543.jpg

Sear pepper dusted fish 2 min. on each side or until medium rare, set aside

Pan Seared "Yellow Fin Tuna"................Nachos

IMG_2555.jpg

Here's a Nacho platter dusted with a Paprika blend and garnished with Chives and Meyer Lemon. Including Sashimi Dipping Sauce,
Pickled Ginger, Sweet Thai Sauce, and Wasabi Paste.

Served with a Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale

Main Course

IMG_2691.jpg

Ingredients:...Kula Onion, Garlic Bulb, Purple Potatoes, Baby Carrots, Evaporated Cane Juice, Hawaiian Erb, Macadamia Nuts, Blossom Honey, Air dryed Hawaiian chili "Pele" , Coconut Milk," Pork Tenderloin" Ulupalakua Wine, Veal Stock, Demi-Glace, Powdered Coco, Cumin Seed, Smoked Sea Salt, Taro Root, Ginger

IMG_2737.jpg

Dry Rub:...Dutch Coco, Smoked Sea Salt, Ground Chili Pepper, Hawaiian Erb, Cracked Black Pepper, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder

IMG_2714.jpg

Cube Potatoes and Taro Root, simmer until tender. Roast Garlic Bulb in a 400 degree oven for 40 min. When done add to mashed root vegatables and add i/2 can of Coconut Milk or enough to your liking

IMG_2702.jpg

Sear Pork on all sides for about 10 min. Finnish in a 400 degree oven for 15 min or until internal temperature reaches 145 deg. Set aside to rest.

IMG_2710.jpg

Steam Baby Carrots and diced Ginger in 1/2 cup of water in a covered saute pan.Steam until semi cooked, add Blossom Honey and finish cooking with the lid off

.Pan Roasted "Pork Tenderloin" with an upcountry Red Wine Reduction

IMG_2726.jpg

Here we have Tenderloin Medallions with a Red Wine Reduction. Sided with Coconut Mashed Taro Root Potatoes and Baby Glazed Carrots.

With a glass up Maui Upcountry Red Wine.................yum!

Dessert is next!.....

Holy shhhhhips. That is perfection. You had me at yellow....
Man Pic1, you're professionalism in the kitchen, and picture taking skills are unbelievable!
Throw in your creativity, and mad cooking abilities.... You're the real deal.
You're not entering the next TD tho, right? Lol

IMG_2614.jpg

Ingredients:...Baking Powder, Vanilla, Fatali Pepper, Cake Flour, Baking Soda, Meyer Lemon, Macadamia Nuts, Koloa Dark Rum, Butter Milk, Cored Pineapple, Eggs, AP Flour, Coconut Palm Sugar, Butter, Light Muscovado Sugar, Maui Gold Sugar

IMG_2631.jpg

Macerate sliced Pineapple rings in 1 cup Rum and 1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar overnight

IMG_2637.jpg

Flambe Pineapple, Chopped Macadamia Nuts, Rum and Lt Brown Sugar.

IMG_2640.jpg

Pour cake batter into hot cast iron pan. Bake in 360 degree oven for 35 min or until done in the center

IMG_2649.jpg

Remove cake from pan afer 5 min from taking out of the oven. A Rum Carmel Sauce is made from Coconut Palm and Lt Bromn sugars with a cup of Rum

Pineapple Upside Down Cake with a Carmel Rum Sauce

IMG_2666.jpg

Here's a slice of cake with a drizzle of Carmel Rum Sauce, sided with sliced Star Fruit to take the small edge off the Fatali Pepper.

I could have brewed a strong cup of "Kona Peaberry" but I opted for a Kona Coffee Liquor on the rocks.........why ruin the buzz!

Holy shhhhhips. That is perfection. You had me at yellow....
Man Pic1, you're professionalism in the kitchen, and picture taking skills are unbelievable!
Throw in your creativity, and mad cooking abilities.... You're the real deal.
You're not entering the next TD tho, right? Lol

Thanks man, way too kind with the thoughts.
. I'm trying to drink my way to perfection right know! ........ha

Throwdown......maybe not.
I have plans this weekend. If I can find time when we head back to the city I will. It would have to be a "Super-Bowl" worthy...meal!

Greg

Dam Greg you know I was kidding about the TD right? I hope you can find time!
This meal you just cooked up is beautiful.

That is all.....

WOW, i will be using all 3 of these reciepes at some point int he near future! they all look very tasty!

thank you sharing!

This food looks great Wish I hade wonka vision, Also I was thinking man I hate when pineapples are on ham but it does make them taste good its just it ruines the pineapple it becomes too salty for me to eat :( *I guess it just means I love pineapples more then ham lol.

Pic... Everyone of those dishes look awesome. I really dig the nacho platter with the seared tuna and the wonton chips. Great idea and I will be trying that myself.
Kudos

I see why you haven't updated your GLOG. Fantastic my friends!

Glog update tomorrow...........now that I have a replace modem for the "turtle" we've been using

Greg

OMG. I am going to go sit in a corner and cry.

Haha...................no need for that, although the last time I felt like that , the Giants beat the Pat's in S.B 2008. I had the final score for some big bucks until the Giants scored at the end to win.................no way! My wife told me to forget about it and lets enjoy the rest of the night.................yea right. Ha ....didn't have a good sleep for a day or two..................... :eek:

Greg

WOW, i will be using all 3 of these reciepes at some point int he near future! they all look very tasty!

thank you sharing!

Cool man,

We travel to the islands when we have time and for anyone else who has knows the Sashimi dishes are a staple on every menu..................oh and no spam for me,!

Greg

Looks DAMN good and I'd chow down in an instant but hold it, it says your in Chicago! What Hawaiian connetion doyou use to get al those Island ingredients? I mean Tarro root is pretty easy and maybe some of the spices but the rest???
BTW, how was the Hawaiian wine?

Cheers,
RM

Greg , love you're ingredients.. I live in the macadamia capital - respect.

Thanks, the macadamia's do have their place in the culinary world. On a side note we use the mac'nut flavored coffee from Maui, brew it, chill it and make a frappucinno out of it. Very tasty in the summer months.

Greg

Looks DAMN good and I'd chow down in an instant but hold it, it says your in Chicago! What Hawaiian connetion doyou use to get al those Island ingredients? I mean Tarro root is pretty easy and maybe some of the spices but the rest???
BTW, how was the Hawaiian wine?

Cheers,
RM

We have a couple weeks of timeshare on Maui, we been traveling there for many years...... love it!
Been to the other islands also.
What's popular is the purple "sweet potato", I subbed the purple potato instead in my recipe. Even with the produce markets here in Chicago it's difficult to find some of the Hawaiian produce. We do get a share of fish flown in, Tuna, Opaka, Ono, Mahi...
We'll bring back goods and ship the light weight stuff. The red wine is pretty heavy bodied, adds to a nice sauce and goes well with pork. There's also a wine made from pineapples. That's a bit sweet for me but if someone poors me a glass I won't push it away!
You can also find a good selection of Hawaiian alc. including the 155 proof rum online at "Hightimewine" from Cali.

thanks for the comment R.M.

Greg

I had that Pineapple wine once and went looking for it here and couldn't find it. My lady loves pineapples and wine. Maybe if you have it there in Chitown, I could have you ship me a bottle?

Back