• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

castor oil, moles and gophers

Been doing a lot of research on castor oil and its uses in the garden. It seems it supposedly will repel moles and gophers.... since I have a problem with one or the other or both, possibly and the beds are pretty much already established, wil it work? Ive found even a few thrwads on here suggesting to use it, but no confirmation on whether it was used or worked....

a lot of old timers will plant castor beans aka "mole beans" around their flower and vege gardens here. i have never had a problem with moles in the garden but the plants look cool, just poisonous. caution for kids and pets.

I have a BAD mole problem. My yard is looking like the caddyshack golf corse. If oil or poison dosen't work there is always C4.

Ive been flooding and filling the holes in with rocks and stuff.... until I found a hole that the hose couldn't flood 5 minutes later.... since then, I havent seen any new holes except in the front yard and housing takes care of that.... looks like all they did was spread some kind of yellow pellets, but not sure if that was even for them as it stopped digging a few days before.... then we had housing come out to finally fix the patio/sidewalk in the back. They broke it up and pulled up a bunch of tree roots that broke the old cement.... then they filled in the rest of the holes with the broken up cement and now I have another one.... normally it wouldn't bother me, but its too close to my beds....

Back