• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Caution to Anyone Switching to "Cheap" Blue/Red only LEDs

It's 5x3. Really just need to cover a 2x4 area like the t5. Do you have to build a case or something for the folux? Looks like they are just circut boards, I'm a little to much of a bull in a china shop for that lol

Walchit said:
It's 5x3. Really just need to cover a 2x4 area like the t5. Do you have to build a case or something for the folux? Looks like they are just circut boards, I'm a little to much of a bull in a china shop for that lol

a 2x4 area would easily be covered by that configuration. You dont have to build a case for them. they are boards mounted onto heatsinks with waterproof power supplies that you set on top of the heatsinks or remotely mount

Pex, emailed back and forth with Dan on the Folux site and was pleased with his help. I think I will try the same setup like you are using and see how I like them. It's like anything else. You have to have something in your hands to try and understand how it works in your own usage.

Walshman24 said:
Great thread!

PexPeppers - Do you have a preference between your COB configuration and your Folux boards?

definitely the Folux boards. they are WAY more efficient with the LED being around 190+lm/w and the board efficacy being ~170lm/w. compare that to my old Citizen CLU048-1212 4000K cobs (ran @ 33w ea) which were around 130 lm/w. Not only that but the Folux boards cover more area! I'm also working with other surface mount monocolor LED to enhance the spectrum as I see fit. 

PexPeppers said:

definitely the Folux boards. they are WAY more efficient with the LED being around 190+lm/w and the board efficacy being ~170lm/w. compare that to my old Citizen CLU048-1212 4000K cobs (ran @ 33w ea) which were around 130 lm/w. Not only that but the Folux boards cover more area! I'm also working with other surface mount monocolor LED to enhance the spectrum as I see fit. 

Thank you - Excellent information!

Back