• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Cayenne peppers germinated. quick and important question

hello all.

my cayenne seeds have germinated now. i transplanted them to "bigger" containers (they are small but bigger . temporary thing)

anyways. i am stuck between the idea of keeping them outside and the idea that i must raise them indoors

i am afraid the sun will burn them.

btw they i just hooks right now, they did not rise up the surface.

anyways, our temp is 40+ C all day and about 38 C at night.

is it okay if i leave them outside ? and if it is not, is it okay that i leave them outside but without the sun being directly at them? (they get sun light but not directly aka if i stand next to them i see the sun light but not the "sun")

thanks.

Yes yes i know i know you are probably sick of my questions , but, this is my first year and i am super excited :) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hell: :hell:

It should be ok to keep them outside, just watch them and take them inside if they start to wilt or curl. For the first little while they are very susceptible to sunlight and may not adapt to the heat right away. Leaving them out overnight should be fine.

When you move plants outside for the first time, you need to harden them off. There are a lot of threads on this site about hardening off, so I recommend that you do a search on that. Quick rundown - put them outside where they will mostly be in the shade for a while. Then move them to where they get morning sun, but afternoon shade. Gradually increase the amount of sunlight they get until they're ready for full sun. Keep an eye out for wilting or discoloration, and move them back to more shade if needed for a while.

Put them in a shady place that hasn't got too much wind. they'll survive as long as you make sure the soil is kept moist.

Back