• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cayenne peppers popping any clue on green to red time?

So this is my first year growing peppers, I have 2 cayenne peppers shoved into a 2.5 gallon nursery pot (wife bought it for me when it was small, and its grown and the roots are very tangled), its actually producing a decent amount of peppers
I have 2 almost full size peppers still green, and 6-12 just forming, and maybe 15+ easily other flowers besides that on these small sized plants.

How many cayenne's per plant do you think average is.

This plant is going to be the mom on my experiment with cross pollination it seems to be producing quite regularly and the peppers look very healthly for having
2 plants roots inter-twined together.

Next year I have planned for lots of cayenne experiments so seeds if anyone wants them will be very available.

Well, I don't know what's typical, but I have two Cayenne plants in relatively small pots (about 3 gallons each) and I've been throwing them into the freezer as the ripen. There are maybe half a dozen left on the plants, but now that I've picked most of the pods the plant is growing again, so I'll probably get more later in the season...

Anyway, this is the current haul. For me they didn't start ripening until most of the peppers on the plant were full size, and then I'd be picking 3 or 4 ripe ones daily.

IMGP1401.jpg

You should have some ripe peppers in about a month give or take :dance: And pot them babies up. Need a 5 or 7 gallon.

You should have some ripe peppers in about a month give or take :dance: And pot them babies up. Need a 5 or 7 gallon.

Tell that to my third plant. This Cayenne hasn't produced any pods yet, but it has grown to four feet in less than 3 gallons of soil. :crazy:

IMGP1351.jpg

I'm almost afraid if what'll happen if I pot it up. It might go sentient on me...

Back