Cayenne plant is making flowers, but they just die

The flowers bloom and then shrivel up and fall off after a week or something. How can I ensure pollination? (My plants are all outside)

you can take q-tips or even your finger and rub right into the flower and go flower to flower to pollinate if you really want to

^He got it ^ right with the hand pollination.
Plants also drop flowers when temperature is too high. If it is hot and they are flowering, move to shade and water frequently. Keep plants bunched together for a higher rate of pollination,

My plants have been doing the same or the flowers not even growing big enough to flower before they bloom.   They are growing well I re-potted hem not to long ago, but still the same, Organic soil with fresh compost manure added. my plants in the garden starting to show flowers but still none setting. :(   now the heat setting in 90-115 I worried I wont get any pods till fall.   

lots of flowers drop. it's normal. if every flower became a pepper, i'd probably have gotten buried in them by now

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot 
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety

I read the other night they will fall off if they don't have enough Cal-Mag, I think it might be my problem, I normally feed Epson Salt "Mag" and haven't this year as I haven't been feeding my Normal Nuts or well any nuts so haven't gave them Epson salt this year like I normally do. I feed the Greenhouse some Cal-Mag about a week ago and the TSBT look like they are trying to grow flowers now!!   

willard3 said:
Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot 
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety
It wouldn't be THP without you Willard

Back