• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ceramic Metal Halide

Hi all,

Ive tried just about every lighting type available, from Fluoros, to CFL's, to MH/HPS, and even LED.

I think it's time I give CMH a crack. Its fairly obvious that the majority of hydroponics experimentation is done in the marijuana growing area, and they seem to think its pretty decent.

CMH Facts Page

The above URL is what I've been reading about CMH. It seems like its the real deal, not sure why it hasnt taken off yet. I really do like LED, but the initial cost is still too high, and I'm not sure they have the frequencies 100% so far.

Has anyone here experimented with CMH for pepper growing or any other type of growing? Or have you any comments about Ceramic Metal Halide?

Wouldn't mind hearing from Omri or wordwiz, they all seem to be knowledgable around the lighting area, whether I agree with their comments or not is a different topic ;)

I am currently using the 400 watt cmh, got no complaints so far plants are nice and stocky and healthy looking to me. I'll take some pics for u to see what they look like.

Please do, I'm awaiting some tax return money before I invest in one.

Have you used MH or HPS before using CMH? If so, are you able to tell the difference at all?

I haven't been doing this long enough to reliably tell you if its better than a mh/veg,hps/flower setup. The lights I purchased came with hps lamps so I have been using them with satisfactory results. All my bhuts got stunted as seedlings and I have been playing catchup, all of them were in the rubbermaid container (dwc) under cfl's until they were big enough for the nft they are in now. When I moved them to the nft I put the cmh lamp in and they are flourishing one of them is becoming quite large and setting peppers now. Overall I am happy because I didn't have to have a mh/hps setup and the plants are doing pretty well. Only problem with cmh is the price, they carry a hefty price tag.

Hey, I'm going to try to use the perfect grow light this winter/spring - the sun! Alas, thanks to the Noah Weather, I'm not making much headway!

Mike

Back