• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Changed my GH Flora Series Nutrient Amounts, and lost lots of leaves and buds and got yellowing

To this point I have got some monster bushy plants with fairly large stems and lots of side shoots.

Before changing my formulation of my nutrients I had very green bushy plants with huge growth.

I was using this. http://www.generalhydroponics.com/calculator/index.html

and when my plants were thriving and very green I was running about

With 4 Gallons of Water

FloraGro: 40ml
FloraMicro: 20ml
FloraBloom: 20ml

I might have screwed up and went past the transition: I went to

FloraGro: 20ml
FloraMicro: 30ml
FloraBloom: 50ml

But I might have screwed that up: Am I possibly to low on Micro/bloom and that's why I'm having issues I'm about 10ml below from there chart for the bloom stage?

Am I better off with an all around? same mix the whole time of even amounts?

This is what i would do in your shoes

Grow 30ML
Micro 25Ml
Bloom 25ML
see how they react, once they get back on track and growing
Grow 30ml
Micro 30ML
Bloom 30ML
for a couple nute changes, then up it to the recomended levels. Hydro plants are very finicky to nute changes i ahve noticed.

I was stupid about it and jumped them quick... I will probably do a change and use the transition stage level so it evens out.. unless I just jump back to the heavier grow formula...

that plants seem fine just lost some leaves and I have huge bud loss dropping on my one with tons of buds.. they are just frail they fall off.

i am only using GH Flora nova "bloom" in my buckets, and adding CAl/MAg which has 5-0-0 and have had no issues as of yet, i did have my PH drop in the last few days but i will be doing a change tonight. good luck! your plants were looking healthy and will definately recover!

Withe the issue you're having the first thing I would look at would be pH, as that is the key to making sure the roots are taking in everything they need. Also water temp, if to warm it'll decrease the o2 amounts in the water thus causing issues as well. Are the leaves just yellowing and falling off or are they showing other signs of distress then falling off?

-J

PH had dropped but water level had dropped so I added water and brought it back to 5.9
it was low 5's for a while, and I know that will interfere with nutrient up-take.

its inside under a florescent light so I would say water temp was ok, ill check it.

leaves were wrinking bad... and falling off, almost a white color on some of them. I posted a pic in another thread a week or so ago.

I will just do my best to change to my original mixture and see if it goes ok.. when I starte adding more bloom and less grow the PH dropped a bit also.

I'm gonna guess there is a good chance it was just a pH issue and nothing you did as far as bumping the plant to a bloom stage. If the pH was riding in the low 5 for a period of time that will greatly reduce the uptake of a lot of the key elements. The sweet spot that I have found that works for me with peppers is holding it at 6.5 . I check it everyday when I come in from work and anytime I have to top it off, I do so with pH adjusted water and then it's checked again after the water is added. Thankfully I haven't had any extreme changes in pH.

-J

my ph almost never changed on the higher grow formulation. It was always 5.9-6.3
I'm actually ordering some Jungle Juice today, supposedly its the same ratios but a bit cheaper..

ill tell you how it goes..

torno how far below your basket is your water level?

I keep it to about an inch below. My first attempt at taught me to keep the water levels away from the mesh haha. I had it to high up and the moisture built up around the bottom of the main stem which in turn caused stem rot. Lost a beautiful NagaBon in less than two days once it fully set in. The inside of the stem was brown and mushy and nothing above that got any water or nutes, dropped every leaf and then poof... dead!

-J

I had mine about 1/2 inch, but it would drink some everyday so it was lowering throughout the day.

I think the hydro store guy told me right below the basket so the bubbles could pop and cause more air on the roots... that sounded about right.

I have a cheapie one from ebay.... yellow one real common on ebay.

I have the calibration solution it stays calibrated fairly well. I also have the manual test solution with my ph up/down to test it.

they both work well I just went to long without testing it.

I have a cheapie one from ebay.... yellow one real common on ebay.

I have the calibration solution it stays calibrated fairly well. I also have the manual test solution with my ph up/down to test it.

they both work well I just went to long without testing it.
i was just wondering as i just use the suoper cheap clear vial and drops to test mine and if is inbetween 5.0-6.5 i call it good

There is a really good nutrient chart I have a link to at home that shows in the 5 range for the PH most nutrients with hydrponics are not able to be used.

But when hitting that golden high 5's to 6 they are in optmimal range. That's what happened to me possibly I let mine slip low 5 and lost all the natural ability to take those nutrients in.

I will be watching it like a hawk in the upcoming weeks.

Back