artwork Check Out My New Logo

I can't seem to get the image to show.  I'm trying to link to it on Flikr but everything I try fails.  I should just need to paste the url between the

I guess you can't include Photobucket and Flikr images inline.  So I added the link above.

My thinking on the pepper mill was more like a saw mill:  bushels of peppers come in and bottle of hot sauce go out.  But the logo needs to be simple so a pepper mill handle inside a pepper full of splattering hot sauce seemed to work, at least in my mind.

8980663478_80fb842d0b_b.jpg

I like the logo, clean and easy to read. Like mine, if you ever want to screen print it, you will have roughly 5 colors making it pricey. Well at least that was my experience with going the screen print route but I have found other methods. Best of luck.

Thanks. For now just hot sauce.  I have 4 sauces and am just putting the final tweaks on a couple.  I do eventually plan to have spice rubs, BBQ sauces, and the full suite of products.  

I have been concerned about confusing the name w/ a pepper grinder.  Its very hard to find a good and catchy company name.  So many things have to line up. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:

I like the logo, clean and easy to read. Like mine, if you ever want to screen print it, you will have roughly 5 colors making it pricey. Well at least that was my experience with going the screen print route but I have found other methods. Best of luck.
I definitely will screen print.  Wouldn't that be a requirement for a t-shirt or label or any cymk process?  

PepperDaddy said:
Thanks. For now just hot sauce.  I have 4 sauces and am just putting the final tweaks on a couple.  I do eventually plan to have spice rubs, BBQ sauces, and the full suite of products.  

I have been concerned about confusing the name w/ a pepper grinder.  Its very hard to find a good and catchy company name.  So many things have to line up. 

I definitely will screen print.  Wouldn't that be a requirement for a t-shirt or label or any cymk process?  
Well there are all kinds of great amazing ways to have logos printed to fabric in this technology driven world. I opted out of screen printing for now because the first run was very costly due to making the screen for each color. 

It does not sound like a hot sauce.

Ken's Den of Fire
Ken's Pepper Co.

I like those better, for hot sauce, and adding rubs later. Sorry but the Pepper Mill thing, I don't like.

PepperDaddy said:
My thinking on the pepper mill was more like a saw mill:  bushels of peppers come in and bottle of hot sauce go out. 

This would make sense if a "pepper mill" didn't already exist, which it does, and is what you use to grind peppercorns. Unless you have millions of dollars for marketing to change people's perception of what a pepper mill is.

Ken's Pepper Mill
is in line with
Ken's Salt Shaker

So it does not say hot peppers or hot sauce to me.

PepperDaddy said:
But the logo needs to be simple so a pepper mill handle inside a pepper full of splattering hot sauce seemed to work, at least in my mind.

Pepper Drill? lol

If you are going for a sauce, Pepper Mill isn't quite right. IMHO!
Mills make powder.

Ken's Pepper Mill sounds like a great name for a Brew Pub, with the atmosphere, and spicy things on the menu.  I really dig the cleanliness of the logo. So many labels have so much crap goin on with flames and skulls, and volcanos and crap. I would grab a label like that off the shelf, just because it's easy on the eyes.
But for guys like me that are usually seeing double, that might not be very helpful to you. :rofl:

I know that you have a hot pepper in the logo, but that makes it look like a pepper mill that is for hot peppers (making powder). Just curious, are you set on the name?

The logo itself is not too bad but I don't like the "preset shape" look of the flames coming out of the K and S.

And yeah, the mill handle suggests grinding. Like others said. But being the apostrophe is smart! Too bad you don't sell mills or powder.

Hope all this helps. It's a good start.

I'm in the printing industry. Could get way with 3 colors on a light colored shirt. Black, red and yellow. On a dark colored shirt you would also need white behind the graphic making it a four color screened shirt.
Let me know if you are told otherwise, and i can set your art up for them, separated that way. Will work for sauce :)
Maybe add "milled hot pepper sauces" underneath to stop the confusion.

I don't think he's worried about T-shirts quite yet. You can always do a different logo for T-shirts later but no need to compromise your main logo.

Come up with the best logo you can. Yes, silk screeners charge per color but he didn't even mention shirts.

The Hot Pepper said:
I know that you have a hot pepper in the logo, but that makes it look like a pepper mill that is for hot peppers (making powder). Just curious, are you set on the name?

The logo itself is not too bad but I don't like the "preset shape" look of the flames coming out of the K and S.

And yeah, the mill handle suggests grinding. Like others said. But being the apostrophe is smart! Too bad you don't sell mills or powder.

Hope all this helps. It's a good start.

Wow. I should have posted a while back.  The name can't change.  It's already changed once.  Everyone I ran it by liked it, but I guess I should have posted it on this forum since everyone here has a different perspective.  I did not want anything plain like Ken's Pepper Co.  I had a long list of names and this one won out.  I have always looked at a mill as a process.  There is an input and an output and it changes in the process.  I'm probably just overthinking it.  Anyway, it has to stay and I will grow into it w/ other products.  

Look at other sauce companies:  McIlhenny Company, Reily Foods, Dave Gourmet, Reckitt Benckiser, PLC (Frank's Red Hot - could be anything), El Yucateco, Grupo Cuervo (Cholula), T.W. Garner Food (Texas Pete), CaJohn's, Heartbreaking Dawns.  None of these company names clearly describe their product. In the end, it's what you do w/ the name that counts.

Regarding the logo, I asked the graphic artist for 4 things: professional, bold, fun and slightly irreverent.  At first I didn't care for the flames either and had her make them in color and fatten them up a bit.  In the end I liked the thinner black flames more but I didn't know why.  She told me I wanted something slightly irreverent and the thin black flames every so slightly resemble something devilish/hellish - nothing that was in-your-face devilish, but just a slight reference. And the black flames give the logo just the right amount of "danger" vibe.  Then I knew why I liked it.  

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Scoville DeVille said:
Have no doubt....

This guy's got the moves like Jagger....

PepperDaddy's got it goin on

and it goes like this.....

Maybe it’s Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me), but When the Whip Comes Down, I ain’t got his lips and he ain’t got my hot sauce, which is darn Respectable.  So hopefully my company name won’t be my Beast of Burden because I would be Shattered! 

It was just my opinion on the perception of the name, since it can be confused with something close to hot peppers that you don't offer. Pepper mills, or powder, or peppercorns. The names you mentioned don't do that. But it's just my opinion. Will this also be your brand? Like, you mention McIlhenny Company, but their brand is Tabasco(r). So would this would just a small logo on the back of the bottle? Or will this be branded and on the front?

If you like it, go with it.

Back