Cheers from FoCo, CO!!! Could use some simple help!

So I have a super quick and easy question (potentially?) that I honest to God can't get a straight answer out from googling or asking Jeeves the damn question.

Simple background: I have 15 different pepper plants (Sante Fe, Anaheim, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Poinsettia, and Habanero)

My problem? ALL of them are perfect in size, yet NONE of them have a hot flavor profile to them? I get they have to ripen, however I'd love it if I knew whether or not I could pick these immature peppers and somehow let they ripen indoors (banana in brown bag?) so that other "new" peppers may grow before the freeze?

So: is it best to ripen on plant when the peppers are of size? Or can I actually pick them and let them ripen indoors, thus giving life to more peppers that want to fruit?

FFMZ9PR.gif

:welcome:  from the Pacific NorthWest!

As for ripening pods, if the pod has started to
change color - at least 50% colored, the banana
in the bag trick works great. My favorite way to
ripen late season pods is to cut and hang the
plant or branches up in my garage and let the
pods ripen up there. Have had great success
with Beth Boyd SB and JA Mushroom pods. 

Thank you all!

Yes, my predicament (maybe like many of you) is that I'm SO impatient, haha. I mean, as we speak right now, I probably have over 7 different varieties of peppers (300+ peppers) full grown but do not look as if they have ripened yet!!! But, they taste hot?

Ex: my habanero's are decently hot, but look very yellow/green still?

I just would love to know if I can pick these, and hopefully get a 2nd harvest from the plant before the freeze comes in Colorado late September.

Also, can anyone be so kind as to show me how to attach a photo perhaps to help people better?

Back