Chefs Dish It Out

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Are you a chef? Cooking with heat? Dish it out! Tell us your stories (good and bad), menu creations, etc.

No guests, search engines, or regular members can see in here. So talk freely!

Have questions for chefs and chef/owners? Ask!

(This was created so TB could tell us about his new job. But all chefs, please chime in!)

The Hot Pepper said:
I like sunny side up but sometimes places don't know how to cook them and the yolks are cold. I like crispy edges too! Shoot, even better in bacon fat lol. Crispy edge sunny side up, done right, covered with a tin so the yolk and tops of whites cook—no goo!

Over easy is the safer bet. But I need the sunny side for toppers, as in, on top of biscuits and gravy!

Or poached mmmmmm. With any type of benedict, of course.

Over hard, the sulpher taste/smell comes out. Not for me.  :snooty:

Best post ever. And not just THP. On ALLLL of the interwebz. (I have searched high and low, far and wide for a single better post. Not even Paula Deen came close.) You should pin that shit somewhere Patrón!

Not a fan of the goozinessxt. Shocking, I know but, I can't Rocky Balboa them eggs either.

No matter how drunk or hungover.
And don't let anybody tell you different.

I was GM of The University Club in Miami many years back and we did alot of catering....one day we were doing a party at viscaya..like an Italian castle on biscayne bay....about six hundred people for a ski club...Italian cuisine so we loaded up the truck with tons of bakers racks filled with hotel pans of food....as we went there somehow the Backdoor opened and half the food fell on-the road...we scooped it up and brought it back to the club where we threw more marinara sauce and retopped heavily with cheese.....after the event the people raved over all the crunchy pine nuts in. All the dishes...never realizing it was gravel from the road.......

One grain of sand in your food and you'll notice it. Nice try though. But too far fetched.  :)

Back