• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cherry Bomb

I picked one of these up from a place buy me to put in my garden.

I was wondering has anyone ever had a Cherry Bomb pepper? Any good - heat level - etc? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.

-PP

yeah i did a google search last night and it seems what you are saying is what other ppl say too. either pickle them or make poppers from them. now i wait....

Stuff cherry bombs with prosciutto and provolone cheese and then pickle them.

They can be used either green or red for this.

willard3 said:
Stuff cherry bombs with prosciutto and provolone cheese and then pickle them.

They can be used either green or red for this.

and just pickle like normal - just some vinegar and salt, simmer a while and can? which vinegar is the best for this?

be sure to pierce the flesh with a knife or what I used was a bamboo skewer and poked a few holes to get the solution into them -- I believe Potawie mentioned that he soakes them in a salty brine before pickling them in order to keep them crisp(er) -- Im not sure what you can use to keep them crisp -- is there pickle crisp anymore?

White is probably best for a clear product but I often mix white and cider vinegars(+ water), and there's other vinegars I'd like to try as well.
And yes I soak them in a brine to crisp them up a bit

I just put a small slit in the tops and I use the "Joy Of Cooking" pickling method. Very simple. They stay very crisp without brining. I will try the prosciutto and provolone with my next ones, being Sicilian and all!

Love that last name, we Mariottis are from a bit farther north, but still love the prosciutto and provolone as much as the next guy.

For crisper pickles without brining, just don't process with heat but make sure to refrigerate

smariotti said:
Have you tried an ICE COLD brine first, Powatie? My mother swears it makes the pickles crisper.

I use a cold brine but I never tried ice cold. I'll have to look into that

Back