• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Cherry Bomb?

So the person I bought these peppers from at the farmer's market was not a native speaker.  He seemed to speak English pretty well and when I asked him what kind of peppers they were he told me Cherry Bomb.  I thought I grew cherry bomb in the past and they were quite small, penny to nickle size.  These are obviously much bigger.  The other peppers in the picture are a chocolate habanero and yellow 7 pot large, and I threw a quarter in for reference too.  Is this actually Cherry Bomb?  The sriracha it made was outstanding, I just need to add a little something to give it a bit more kick.

IMG_20130903_213925_124_zpsdc2d134a.jpg

ms1476 said:
They are cherry peppers/"cherry bombs". Save some seeds and plant them next season. Mine are loaded. Stuffed or pickled, they taste great.
If they are Cherry Bombs, I thought it was an F1 hybrid? 

And thanks everyone for the help. :)

None of the cherry peppers I have grown were hybrids, though I am sure some are. My pods range from half-dollar size to peach size. I can give you some seeds if you want to send me an SASE. PM me for address...

just looked at my jar of pickled peppers and they look like your pods both in shape and size. label says hot pickled cherry peppers(brand name Aurora).

the cherry bombs i had were much larger.

Back