event Chi Town Hot Sauce Expo (June 23-24): First Annual Chicago Hot Sauce Expo

jPdwsKX.jpg

http://www.chitownhotsauceexpo.com/

Chi Town Hot Sauce Expo (June 23-24): First Annual Chicago Hot Sauce Expo
June 23-24
Toyota Park in Bridgeview

anyone going?

If it was actually in Chicago I'd totally pop by, but after the stuff I have going on the weekend I don't think i'd be able to make the drive to Bridgeview and spend any decent amount of time there :(

whew, i think i ate too much hot sauce. that was pretty fun.

some of the stands:

IT1pqMg.jpg

ApZC1ET.jpg

8M1Gh2Q.jpg

there was some wrasslin:

MC94C4f.jpg

my friend won a reaper dog eating contest!! i was off in lala land when they were rounding people up otherwise i would've competed too.

2HGZ5xD.jpg

also, i got to meet and hang out with ed currie. he's a cool dude.
he fed me a small spoonful of ignition point extract, and that was something else. got an endorphin rush from it hah.

he also hooked me up with a sauce he's working on based on the chocolate pepper x.
he's probably going to end up calling that pepper 'personal narcotic'. between it and pepper x, i personally prefer the flavor of the narcotic. great taste. both are tasty though.

sinensis said:
kind of hard to remember some of them, but i remember liking the chili preserves by Wiltshire Chilli Farm, laos sauce by clark and hopkins, and fiery fool by hellfire.
Nice. Is that an irish flag over one of the booths in your first pic? Do you know what company that is? I bleed green so just curious. Maybe Angry Irishman sauce?

Edmick said:
Nice. Is that an irish flag over one of the booths in your first pic? Do you know what company that is? I bleed green so just curious. Maybe Angry Irishman sauce?

sorry, not sure

The Hot Pepper said:

Do u plan to hit it up?
Absolutely. Was a lot of fun last year. I did the VIP pass for $40 and got a shirt, bottle of sauce and 5 beer tokens. The $40 paid for itself before I even walked through the gate. I just need to remember sunscreen this time..

Might also try to put together a video of the event with interviews and some sauce reviews too.. Theres a lot of sauces though so I'd have to figure out how to do it without making it a 2 hour documentary lol

Back