event Chicago Hot Sauce Festival

Does anyone plan to go to the 1st annual Chicago Hot Sauce Festival?  It's the week after the Louisiana Hot Sauce Expo.  I want to go but am afraid PepperMamma will kill me if I leave town two weekends in a row.  I would hate to miss it since it's only about 5 hours away.  Anyone else?

I live in the area and will have to attend. I don't see any info on where it's actually going to be held though. 

I asked on facebook if there was a venue selected and was told it will be a street festival. I guess I will have to keep an eye out for an exact location. 

PepperDaddy said:

The organizer told me it was about 10 minutes north of Wrigley.

Ten minutes north of Wrigley could be a lot of places, but I'd imagine it will be Clark or Lincoln or maybe Broadway that gets shut down.  The ribfest is held on Lincoln between Addison and Irving Park each year for example.  There's going to be an italian beef eating contest, as a side bonus.

The hype video from Bishop Brad is very lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDjN54lOmo&feature=youtu.be

Well, as usual, I'm confused.  I have been talking w/ Adrian from the Chicago Hot Sauce Festival, which I thought was Aug 8/9 but he told me it was July 25/26.  Now I find out I have gotten it mixed up w/ the The Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest, which is in August 8/9.  It looks like the The Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest has happened before but this is the first year for the Chicago Hot Sauce Festival.  Has anyone been the Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest?

PepperDaddy said:
Well, as usual, I'm confused.  I have been talking w/ Adrian from the Chicago Hot Sauce Festival, which I thought was Aug 8/9 but he told me it was July 25/26.  Now I find out I have gotten it mixed up w/ the The Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest, which is in August 8/9.  It looks like the The Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest has happened before but this is the first year for the Chicago Hot Sauce Festival.  Has anyone been the Great Chicago Fiery Foods Fest?

Ya after I did some digging I was confused about that too Ken.  Never been to the GCFFF, never heard of it!

Hey all. Sorry about any confusion about the 2 shows in Chicago. The Great ChicagoFiery Foods Fest is being presented by Bigfat's on August 8 & 9. It's an indoor venue with free parking and free parking on the street. The website is www.fieryfoodsfest.com and we are getting as much information on it as fast as we can. There are vendor apps on the vendor page. We aren't doing a hot sauce competition but we are going to be doing spicy eating contests. Should be a lot of fun!

Back