• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chicken manure mixed with mushroom compost

OK what does any one have to say about mixing chicken manure mixed with mushroom compost. and adding that to what i am growing in now. Witch is mosty peat. I do have so dirt I will add in and mix it all.

chicken manure normally needs to be composted or it might burn the roots of your plants, mushroom compost should work fine your plants will love it.

What Lando said. Make sure the chook poo is well composted.

I use well composted sheep poo and cow poo in my mixes but as far as chook poo goes, I prefer to use a pelletized form. The last time I bought a bag of "composted" chook poo it still stunk so bad of ammonia it turned me off for good.

Cow needs to be composted also.

Either/or cow/chicken is good. A combination of both, plus the mushroom compost is another option.

so +1 on the composting of all manures you use.. make sure they are well broken down and not raw.. store bought poo is composted already so your good if you go that route..

as for your mix, use 2 shovels of native soil, 2 of pete, 2 of your mushroom/manure compost, 1 each of vermiculite, and pearlite. put it all in a 7 gal bucket. and mix well 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mychos as an innoculant is good too :) the pearlite and vermiculite will help keep the soil well draining.. peppers like to be well drained.

Yea with the gardan spot I have for next year I will have to add some thing to make the siol loose and (airy).. I will find out in march.. Might have to get crushed pea gravel..

Back