event Chile shows/festivals/events in the north east US coming up in 2015

I scanned over the topics here and I spotted a few, but what are the big (and small) non-food based chile shows that I could register for in 2015?

Non-food meaning, not a cookoff requiring me to make wings, burgers, barbecue, etc.  I'm completely rookie at this and want to begin to plan 2015, as my luck usually finds out after it's too late about events.

North East US, meaning anything from Maryland to Pennsylvania, New York and north east of there.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially if I can pre-register for it now for next year

Go back to the 'Cookoffs, Contests, and Events' main section and browse the titles, as they often have the location in the thread title. Most often if there was/will be one in an area  this year or last, there will be another one like it the following year. The festival in Bowers, PA is one you can find that way, as well as the NY Hot Sauce Expo, amongst others. If you hear of an upcoming one before someone else makes a post about it, go ahead and start a post of your own. Often vendors who will participate in a festival post about them in advance, too. 

ScottRobertsWeb and ILoveItSpicy.com both have lists of chile-related festivals

One you won't easily find is Peppers at the Beach. There wasn't one last year since the shop was moving. I don't see signs that they're having one this year, but it could be that they just haven't started advertising yet. Shop website is peppers.com.

Which kind of sucks. The Peppers at the Beach gig was my idea, and Peppers was totally on board for it. In 3 small years, it grew to a tremendous show. The 3rd and final year, myself and The Wife Unit weren't able to come as we were both in the hospital. I've prodded Chip at Peppers a couple times, perhaps something will come of it.

Back