Chilhuacle Negros in Moles

When making a mole using these peppers, must the peppers be dehydrated first?

Any other uses for them when fresh?

For cooked Mole for Chicken or whatever,I think dry pods cooked with whatever then Food processed or blendered probably rehydrate in the liquid and might be better since everything in the liquid gets easily sucked up by dried pods.

I'm talking about modern made stuff in general.Foody versions sold here in the U.S.

In general these recipes cook almost everything whole for a while,then blend them or process the cooked stuff,then it's cooked a little or lot longer.

Old time stuff was ground dry together in a mocajete then cooked for a while then the meat or whatever was added or was cooked separate then the Mole was added as a sauce over cooked stuff.

I think the process is different depending on where the cook was from.
I've had several Moles that were cooked different from different places of origin.
Most were"this is how Grandma made it in wherever".

Most are from pretty good to Killer,Grandmas recipes ARE always BEST!

Exactly.
Grandmas was best,Daughter added or did something slightly different along the way due to whatever-ingredients/time or whatever.

Good is good and Great is Great,it depends on the taster and sometimes the time and place,what was going on at the time.

Example is poorly cooked bacon/sausage and eggs with Coffee brewing over a wood fire , while camping always tastes great when you are camping out.

At Chile cook offs,the chile tasted better at home though if you didn't place. LOL

Call them Rellenos then! AAAWWWYYYEEEAAAHHH
Roast them, peel them, fill them with queso, meat and some jonah 7 heat, freeze them for 15-20 minutes, dredge in four, then a nice batter, deep fry for 6-10 minutes... vióla! Chilhuacle poppers!

BOOOOM!

lol

Scoville DeVille said:
Call them Rellenos then! AAAWWWYYYEEEAAAHHH
Roast them, peel them, fill them with queso, meat and some jonah 7 heat, freeze them for 15-20 minutes, dredge in four, then a nice batter, deep fry for 6-10 minutes... vióla! Chilhuacle poppers!
BOOOOM!
lol
What does the freezing do?
Do they have any heat?

I'm thinking pulled pork, chorizo, and cheese...yep.

Putting them in the freezer stabilizes the cheese and the flour coating so they don't pour out as soon as you drop in hot oil. And they have very little heat as far as it goes!

Back