• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude growing for year 2014 led light indoor/outdoor glog

Blister said:
Looking good. What are you using for nutrients? What is the light make and power?

Nutriforte strawberry and tomato fertilizer as part 1 and Nutriforte nitrogen and calsium as part 2, this combo can be also used for aquaponics. The fertilizer combo contains all the nutrients the plant needs. As Nutriforte is a Finnish fertilizer brand, it may be hard to find them anywhere else but in Finnish stores.

Led lights are 2x120w. The seller and led light developer is called Led Finland.  Of course these led lights come from a Chinese maker, but the seller specifies, what leds are used for the lights.

I'm still working on figuring out how far away the lights should be from the plant. I'd like to cover as much area as possible, but still have effective lighting and avoid stretch. Any thoughts?

Blister said:
I'm still working on figuring out how far away the lights should be from the plant. I'd like to cover as much area as possible, but still have effective lighting and avoid stretch. Any thoughts?

I have them about 15 inches from the plants, i would not put them much higher than that.

Right now my light is about 6" away. I've moved it up as the plants grow. The dealer I bought mine from said that he would upgrade me to the next higher LED set for the cost of shipping and the difference of what I paid for the current one. He also made the offer to switch out my light to the next higher powered model if one came back from the demo. The only cost in this case would be shipping. I haven't heard back, and am certainly happy with the growth so far.

Do you water every day? I'm at the point where the pots are about half the 'watered' weight by the next day.

Blister said:
Do you water every day? I'm at the point where the pots are about half the 'watered' weight by the next day.

I water the smaller pots every 2-3 days for now. The bigger square pots have not seen re-watering about 4 days now and they still look moist from the surface.

I have pruned the Aji plants, that they will grow stronger and bushier. My chilis have about 5-6 months to go before they see outdoors, so they have plenty of time to recover from the pruning.

Looking good! Those Aji's are going to be HUGE when you finally get to spring. I'm in the same boat as you. Spring in my part of Canada isn't going to arrive for another 6 months  :mope: . I have to pick up some more coco and pot up my Jolokia's. I'm trying to hold off potting up as long as possible, but by Jolokia's were more root than they were coco!

Penny said:
Everything looks amazing.....well done!!

Thank you sir and i actually received gardener's papers in 2000. Only worked as one for a very short time, so my skills got rusty for not doing much gardening work. As i like eating hot food, it was quite natural to look into growing your own chilis and here i am now, trying to grow them to my best of abilities. :surprised:

The plants seem to really like being under the LED lights,
all look very healthy and robust.  Good luck guiding
those babies through until Spring!

Back