• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chili's N' Wine

I like to keep my growing as low tech and simple as possible but still get good results. This year I am going to experiment with adding some CO2. I want to keep it cheap and easy so I have decided to make my own CO2 by making Juicy Juice wine right next to my grow room and using hoses to get the resulting gas to the plants. Does anyone foresee and problems with this?

See if you can get your hands on a few pounds of Muscadine grapes and make wine with those.... you'll be glad you did!

geeme said:
Only with the part about making Juicy Juice wine..... making wine from kids' boxed juice drink???
It's not the ones in the box it's in bottles. It makes some really good wine. Juicy Juice has the least amount of added ingredients of any off the shelf juice that I could find. Plus it is less expensive compared to the stuff marketed to "adults". Juice is juice.
Phil said:
See if you can get your hands on a few pounds of Muscadine grapes and make wine with those.... you'll be glad you did!
I will definitely give that a try.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Yea...that won't work as good as it sounds. Why not just get a CO2 bottle and regulator?
I just don't feel like messing with the bottle and extra equipment. It costs more money and then there is the possibility of something breaking. Plus I can't get drunk from a metal bottle and a regulator. :)

Ocho Cinco said:
I just don't feel like messing with the bottle and extra equipment. It costs more money and then there is the possibility of something breaking. Plus I can't get drunk from a metal bottle and a regulator. :)

How big is your room? You need to know how much CO2 you will need.

[SIZE=12pt]How to calculate for the Carbon Dioxide (CO2) requirement[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]measure the room and calculate the volume of cubic feet
    L (length) x W (width) x H (height)
    [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]the CO2 levels in most grow rooms is 300ppm, raise it to the maximum level of 1500ppm, which means you have to add 1200ppm more of CO2[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]multiply the room volume (the number you obtained from step a ) by 0.0012 ppm , that is 1200 ppm = 0.0012 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With the steps above, you will be able to calculate the CO2 you need to add to your grow room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Let us have an example:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We have a 12 x10 x12 (all measurements in feet)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Volume – L x W x H[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]12 x 10 x 12 = 1440 cubic feet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Amount of CO2 needed [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Vol. x 0.0012 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1440 cu. Ft. x 0.0012 = 1.728 cu ft[/SIZE]

​
[SIZE=12pt]So therefore, you will be requiring 1.728 cu. Ft., rounding off to 2 cu. Ft. of CO2 to an area with 12ft x 10 ft. x12 ft. grow room to bring the CO2 level to 1500 ppm [/SIZE]

Plus when running CO2 you really need a sealed room to see any effect from it. The CO2 has to be in the room long enough for the plants to absorb it.

Back