• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilli ID help needed

Hi I got these orange chillies from the local supermarket

orange01.jpg

orange02.jpg

Can someone tell me what I nave ended up with?

Also got these in my travels with work

red01.jpg

red01.jpg

I'm assuming they're a birdseye variant? Can anyone confirm?

They kinda look like goats weed to me (red ones), however the cup seems to be a little different, are they hot as buggery?

I was gonna say the orange ones are some type of carrot pepper too...the red ones I don't know..

caroltlw said:
My first thought was carrot too.

I don't find anything more exotic than a orange hab at our supermarkets. :(

Yeah, me neither, and they're usually all withered and wrinkly and decidedly unfresh.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to thaw a couple out ant try them out. Was considering the orange one for a sauce, just need to ensure I can get a good supply of them.

Carotltlw and Pam, I'd love to see orange habs in my local supermarket. Any supermarket I visit in fact, I rely on my meagre crop that my plants give. Mind you this season I got around 90 habs from my plants.

Nearly all the supermarkets here sell everything as "chilli" with no mention of type or variety. Rather frustrating when you're not sure what it is.

I tried one of the orange one last night, no heat in it at all rather disappointing really.

The red on the other hand has a heat similar to a birdseye, nice flavour and no lingering burning.

Back