• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilli ID needed

All of my habanero plants have been purchased at Bunnings, so far they have all been orange habs.

Now I see one of my newer plants is producing this type of pod.

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

As you can see compared to my 'normal' orange habs the colour and shape is different.

Any ideas on what I have growing?

It's like a cross between the orange hab and a red hab or red savina??

Have you tasted it yet? Flavour? heat?

I had the same problem with bunnings, I got 2 different coloured hab plants (neither were meant to be orange) and they both ended up orange....:rolleyes:

moyboy said:
It's like a cross between the orange hab and a red hab or red savina??

I was wondering if it was a red hab.

moyboy said:
Have you tasted it yet? Flavour? heat?

Not yet, I'm working myself up to it.

moyboy said:
I had the same problem with bunnings, I got 2 different coloured hab plants (neither were meant to be orange) and they both ended up orange....:rolleyes:

I've got 16 hab plants from Bunnings so far this is the only odd one I've found. Be interesting when tome of the others set fruit.

It does look like a cross between a red hab + an orange hab, I doubt the seed growers would grow red savinas near those plants, usually they just grow red habaneros and orange habaneros to sell to Bunnings (From my experience by looking at what Bunnings sell).

The heat level should be similar either way, taste it, find out :D

I did eat half of it, the heat is similar to the orange hab. It tasted a little under ripe if that makes sense. So next time I'll leave them on the bush to see if they go red.

In the thrid picture the one on the left looks like a Carabean Red and the one on the far right almost looks like a Scotch bonnet Burkina.

Back