• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilli Pepper Golden Fire ???

CHILLI ID PLEASE : Chilli Pepper Golden Fire ???

Hello All,

I have bought a plant from a garden fair in Leeds (UK) about a month ago. The plant is small, no more then 12" high. It has plenty of chilli's (about 30 I reckon), and have tried some, and fairly spicy, nothing to write home about though. The pods are purple and turn yellow when ripe. Each chilli is tiny though, about 3-4cm max.

The label reads:

" Chilli Pepper Golden Fire" (Desciption reads, Extreamely Hot tender perennial chilli, compact, bushy, prolific, intesity floavoured purple fruits ripening to yellow.)

Here are the pics:

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Anyone hazard a guess as to what it is (assuming it isnt a 'Chilli Pepper Golden Fire' or is it?)

I have something similar as "Ornamental yellow" :) It's nice, but too simple to be interesting.

Jah said:
I have something similar as "Ornamental yellow" :) It's nice, but too simple to be interesting.

Aye, Its a pretty plant, lots of colour, the flowers are purple. The plants has gained a few more leaves since i took this photo, it grows fast from the looks.

Jah said:
The flowers of mine are white. Some of unripe fruits are purplish on one side.

Yep, sure mine is purple flowers but might have white in it, will try take a pic.

Yeah, they are purple, and go fully yellow when ripe i beleive, with some having purple shade bits.

The flower is purple, with a whiteish strip/centre on each petal. Took a pic, but cant get the pic on computer till the weekend.

question is, how do they taste?

Jah said:
Well... Mine tastes like cayenne with a bit of carrot :)

Have to agree there. Taste like a cayenne. I have had a few and they are not that spicy for my liking. I would say again Cayenne level spice too.

Nice for adding colour to dishes though:P

Jah said:
Want some seeds? Maybe altogether with some of mine F1 crosses? Let me know if so.

thanks for the offer Jah...I will have to say no because I am cutting down on the number of varieties I am growing each year and already have the cayennes that do well for me here in north Texas...

AlabamaJack said:
thanks for the offer Jah...I will have to say no because I am cutting down on the number of varieties I am growing each year and already have the cayennes that do well for me here in north Texas...

Got myself a few seeds also. Will save them for next year. The good thing about these are they are prolific, loads of pods, which is nice as you can pick as you go sort of thing. Keep it by the kitchen, can pick them whilst cooking.:lol:

Back