• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilli Plant I.D. Time

Alright all you knowledgeable chilli freaks, can someone/s help me identify this plant.
I got it of an old friend that grows all kinds of stuff but he didn't have a clue as to what this was, i just started picking pods and eating them and he was like "ah your crazy mate", i just smiled and said yup, but they are yummy:P

So he ended up giving me this overwintered one, could be years old for all i know, was in a smaller pot before too.

The pods go from green straight to red and all hang down. MoyBoy thought it might be some type of Serrano, it has a nice flavour and when fully ripe a little bit of heat, (4or5/10).

023.jpg

And the flower
024.jpg

Any ideas?

Novacastrian said:
Smartass Iggy, im sending my elite cow squad out to pummel you bhut.

Fine fine fine. I looks like a old Jalapeno plant, but I'd have too see more pics of the fruit than just that one because I have a feeling that the one in the pic is a fluke how it's growing.

Or it's a Jackal....

Yeah you are right, the pods do normaly look more Jalapeno shaped. I just talked to hippy and he seems to think it may be that too. The pods only grow to like 40mm long though, is that normal?

Novacastrian said:
Yeah you are right, the pods do normaly look more Jalapeno shaped. I just talked to hippy and he seems to think it may be that too. The pods only grow to like 40mm long though, is that normal?
Ya, that's can happen. I had a Early Jalapeno that started (in it's second year) to produce TINY TINY TINY peppers.

The skin and pod shape don't look much like a jalapeno to me either. I'd bet this is some kind of pepper cross. Most of the crosses that I get in my garden look like that.

Back