• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Chipotle Mayonaise

CHIPOTLE MAYONAISE:

1 can (8 ounces) Chiles Chipotles en Adobo
4 garlic cloves, minced or ground in molcajete
1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
2 tablespoons olive oil
20 capers
1 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup sour cream
Or two cups mayo, no sour cream
Juice of 2 mex limes

I use this a lot spread on very dark bread with smoked turkey and smoked fish

Reactions: Ela
This stuff is real popular at a lot of restaurants I go to. It's great with fries! Thanks for the recipe.

Wow i just made some and it is amazing!!!! to say the least... yum yum will cook some fries later and have it in a turkey club with fries on the side and of course the mayo for the fries!! yummmmmeeeeee

The hab/mayo I made for Frankenburger was pretty darn good too:

Dukes mayonaise (bout 1/4 cup)
One whole orange habanero, finely diced.
One teaspoon jarred/minced garlic, mashed into a paste w/ the side of your chefs knife.
S&P.....and I used some bhut jolokia powder....all to taste!

It was awesome.

paulky_2000 said:
The hab/mayo I made for Frankenburger was pretty darn good too:

Dukes mayonaise (bout 1/4 cup)
One whole orange habanero, finely diced.
One teaspoon jarred/minced garlic, mashed into a paste w/ the side of your chefs knife.
S&P.....and I used some bhut jolokis powder....all to taste!

It was awesome.

Thats sounds amazing too!! will make some or add habs to one already cheers

Well i made that and gave some samples to some mums i know and boy was the feedback worth it wow they loved it and i have got orders for the oragano and chipotle as well cheers.... yumeee

Sounds good other then the 20 capers i have a jar in the fridge cant seem to use them up for anything.....maybe its an acquired taste. I got an extra jar of mayo if i give this recipe a try i will post a picture.

i add powders al the time to mayo, we have a big boy mayo jar,and a little girl jar,haha.

Was tempted to make it nuclear...but I am the only chili head in the house. I get in trouble every time I cook pinto beans because I am the only one that can eat them :fireball: ! I smoked some serrano's and Hab's at the same time, but stuck with the Jalapenos for the mayo. Maybe I can get my kids to like it... My son had some on a sandwich yesterday and he liked it. Yess, young chili head in training!

i just made some smoked orange and red habanero mayo,i got the powder from biscgolf. its very tasty. your son will come around,just keep sneaking them jalos in his meals,and hot sauce,ha.

Back