• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Chipotles

I've got my smoker loaded up today with ripe jalapenos and some large chinenses that wouldn't fit in my dehydrator without cutting up. I plan to let them smoke all day and then either make sauces or finish them off in the dehydrator. I usually smoke peppers whole but cut slices in them. This gives me a lot more room in the smoker and dehydrator, and they don't curl up or dry unevenly. I also find they look a lot better when stored whole

Cherry wood is awesome for smoking peppers!

The first year I tried smoking peppers I used Mesquite and Hickory until they were dried. The smoke flavor was good but way over powering. Maybe if I mixed in 1/2 non smoked dried peppers it would of came out much better... but oh well.

This year I smoked some peppers and basil for 5 hours then dehydrated them in my dehydrator and the seasoning that came out of it turned out awesome!

I like mine good and smokey, especially jals. These were cold smoked all day yesterday with hickory and cherry, and I'll probably smoke them some more tonight

3874145221_d048ebc040.jpg

Back