• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chocolate Bhut Taking off

My huge Chocolate Bhut plant, after messing with my 3 part nutrients, is producing.

This plant is fairly large, and its got many main stems.

heres a few pictures.

eL2WP.jpg

3OzH.jpg

I was looking for a stem top that didn't have flowers, but couldn't find one so I figured I would wait to clone it until after few of my flowers opened.

I cut a few tall stems off it to keep it compact and it exploded with new growth which is about 4-6 inches long long towards the top.

once better weather hits I could probably start sending out clones from it, its a very prolific plant I went through many flower drops on it, but my nutrients were not right.

Seems like I Have it just right now, I will just keep it on that feeding schedule forever, and hope the peppers keep popping.

I'm sure this will be a good outdoor plant but I'm keeping her inside away from bugs, I will stick the clones outside and see how they fare in the spring.

o by the way.. here is the roots a few weeks back... I think there bigger now...

VzR93.jpg

So its got some pretty good legs on it.

That's a 6/6.5 inch netpot, and a 5 gallon bucket, once I put water in the bucket and the roots, the water rises fairly high.

I LOVE DWC..

how do you do that...¿¿¿???

edit: not the hydro setup, but with nutrients and light and such... that's amazing...

very nice plant you got there Jester. What nutes are you using and how much?

I'm running JungleJuice (by Advanced Nutrients), which is formulated like the common flora series General Hydroponics. Its a 3 part. (I have seen no difference between the 2)

My local Grow shop carries it now for $20 for 4L so the 3 part set costs $60 bucks which is a steal, it lasts a long time. Otherwise I got pint containers on ebay for cheap.

I think while in bloom now my formulation is

Micro: 30ml
Grow: 15ml
Bloom: 70ml

but that is for 3 gallons of water. I might be running it a bit hot (higher then needed) but the plants seem to love it and hasn't hurt them at all.
I might tone down the formula but I used to use a heavier grow and my leaves were like parachutes. Now the grow is a lower level all the nutes go to the peppers and they are sturdy.

I have about 8 peppers that size and 3-6 smaller sized and hundreds of flowers on the thing getting ready to start opening. I see lots of Chocolate Bhut's coming my way in the coming up months.

I had lost previously 2 sets of flowers off this plant hundreds of flowers (but that was while I was using equal parts of the nutrients and not as much light as I have on it right now) These are under 6500k T8 bulbs, 4 of them 32Watts a bulb and they are shared with a bubble bucket the same size of red bhut seedlings (5 of them in the picture to the right and a tray of some wheatgrass that I was feeding my cat, and 6-7 16oz cups with a few seedlings in them.

Back