• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chocolate Bhutlah now has a Wikipedia page?

Neither complaining or complimenting.  If anything, just thinking it is odd.  Not bad odd.  Just unexpected odd.  Kind of cool odd.  I don't really do Wikipedia but if you do, maybe update with the the joining of forces with Puckerbutt and how the seeds are now available?  Might send some business to one of our members.  You know, showing your team spirit n all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_bhutlah

SavinaRed said:
Anyone can create a wiki page and add comments and or update information and references. I take anything on 'wiki" with a grain of salt.
Wasn't really thinking about functionality, just getting more pods and seeds sold for StandbyandFire.  I feel kind of star struck n all.  Not sure if his strain is the next hottest pepper in the world, but think it is really cool that he shares the same forum as the rest of us.

On Wikipedia itself, I use it to look things up but not one of the fanatic editors.  I know a few people that do edit there and they are absolutely fanatics about it.  Like it is a great work to be left to the next generation.  I think the results are amazing for a free service.  Like looking at one of those huge ant hills in Africa. 

On the wiki page, I find it curious that the 3rd reference is a link to a site selling fresh bhutlah pods, not affiliated with PuckerButt. They call them "Bhutlah DM f3" but claim they are the Soleski/Steve Mclaurin strain.
Note the misspelling of Steve's name and the DM letters. I wonder if that's on purpose? Pic looks like chocolate bhut jolokia, not bhutlah's IMO also.

hogleg said:
On the wiki page, I find it curious that the 3rd reference is a link to a site selling fresh bhutlah pods, not affiliated with PuckerButt. They call them "Bhutlah DM f3" but claim they are the Soleski/Steve Mclaurin strain.
Note the misspelling of Steve's name and the DM letters. I wonder if that's on purpose? Pic looks like chocolate bhut jolokia, not bhutlah's IMO also.
Ye, editors are always catching and changing commercial plugs.  I forget what they call it, but there is a special term for this sort of stuff.  Something like wikispam. 

They also sell Carolina Reaper by the trade marked name.  I don't know if that means they are one of the licensed growers or they just havent gotten the nasty letter yet.  Probably nice enough folk that just havent figured out some of the rules yet.

Just realized, this makes strain number 8.

Back