chinense Chocolate Carolina Reapers - Whats such the fuss?

My first year growing Carolina Reapers, had a chocolate.  Saved seeds n they grew more chocolate, so fairly sure it was recessive genes in that mother plant that did it and not a cross because they seem very stable.

Have seen European seed dealers with Chocolate Carolina Reapers this past fall.  A couple places in fact.  Now I see that someone here is offering to trade Chocolate Reaper seeds.  So i gotta figure they are common enough that there really is no magic, no frigging unicorn.  Just that the original Carolina Reaper seeds to go out had some recessive genes for brown Carolina Reapers.

Two brown eye people can have a blue eye baby due to recessive genes.  No reason to slap the mama for cheating.

So why does it still seem like when you say you are growing Chocolate Carolina Reapers do people instantly demand they are Chocolate Scorpions?  Aren't there enough instances out there that we can say there is a Chocolate Reaper?

Here is the thread where Frank225 offers to trade.  Stand up think Frank, thanks for being such a good THPer.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/54538-trade-or-offer/

LovePeppers, same in my wife's side of the family with a red headed sister.  For nearly a year my wife and brother in law had the sister convinced she was adopted.  Oddly, they are not close.

I mentioned in a prior thread that I saw single plant put out all brown/chocolate pods last season - but only for a week or so until they started to turn orange --> red. Really got me excited, wish they would have stuck in chocolate mode..they were beautiful!

Wish I now had at least taken a pic. And these were not any of the 'original/unstable/variations' seeds. These were plants that were bought in store (Puckerbutt) that same year. All were uniform in every way - plant height, size, and pod shape/size. 

Back