• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chocolate Hab? Jamaican Hot Chocolate?

Need some help with these ones...These were given to me by a friend of mine.... They were given to him, so neither of us are sure what they are!

I've saved some seeds to plant this winter regardless of what it is!! :party:

Aurora-20120918-001021.jpg

Top right almost looks like a Congo I've seen around these parts. But seriously, all four pepper types above look delicious! Chop them up and put them in a burger! Good eating!

Top right almost looks like a Congo I've seen around these parts. But seriously, all four pepper types above look delicious! Chop them up and put them in a burger! Good eating!
JOYNERS <> what chewi said they look just like CONGO BLACK, im working on a hab cross called AJIJOES CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE HABANERO and the CONGO is one of the parents

so yes i would say BLACK CONGO HAB also

the red is easily explained this way, whenever you have brown there will always be some red in its genes somewhere, brown or in this case black is a recessive gene so the probability that you will get reds ones is always present, it does not nessisarily constitute a cross breeding

CHICO24 <> yes the one to the left looks like a Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero. there one of my favs, the one to the right looks like a LONG CHOCOLATE HAB

THANKS I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL
your friend Joe

JOYNERS <> what chewi said they look just like CONGO BLACK, im working on a hab cross called AJIJOES CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE HABANERO and the CONGO is one of the parents

so yes i would say BLACK CONGO HAB also

the red is easily explained this way, whenever you have brown there will always be some red in its genes somewhere, brown or in this case black is a recessive gene so the probability that you will get reds ones is always present, it does not nessisarily constitute a cross breeding
Interesting, I have never grown Congo Black, I have 3 plants that grew from seed. The place the seeds came from also does not have Congo Black. Others have said Habanero Long Chocolate. I think they are a cross of something but not idea what. They are very hot.

As for the wine color ones, you are correct. I would sometimes expect a few that are not black/brown on a plant but an entire plant that produces all pods this wine color was a first. I will keep seeds and see what happens, I like unique colors since they make awesome powders. Thanks for your reply, always informative.

Goes to show just how much I know, I was thinking chico's top right pepper looked like the Congo. I do know that JHP's wine colored ones look so good I bet a non pepper head could be converted with them.

Thanks for all the help.. I'll plant them and grow them (hopefully) regardless of what they are. nice heat up front with a touch of smokiness on the back end (of the flavour... not the next day)!

Back