• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chocolate Something - Need Some Help

I have no idea what this may be.  Doesn't seem like anything that I thought that I thought that I planted - I either have mis-labled seeds or received some sort of cross/hybrid.  Very strong c. chin aroma.  Almost a Scotch Bonnet flavor but hotter.  Pods are consistent in size - approximately 2-3 inches long, and 1-2 inches wide - and in shape.  Significant placenta and oil in all pods.  Plant is approximately 2.5 - 3 feet tall (grown in 5 gallon container).  Not a prolific producer but consistent/steady.  Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

P1040313.JPG

P1040316.JPG

P1040324.JPG

HopsNBarley said:
Looks like the Chocolate Habs I planted.
Some of the pods of the plant look exactly like that although some have the more classic hab shape.
Thanks.  I have been kicking that around for a while.  All of the pods look the same - more like some sort of 7 pot, plus they are larger than any of the chocolate habaneros that I've grown in the past. 

GnomeGrown said:
I'm going to crawl way out on a limb and say Chocolate Habanero.
Thanks - that was my original thought, but, they don't look like any chocolate habaneros that I've grown in the past.  Not saying that they aren't chocolate habaneros as I received a lot of new seeds from a lot of sources this year. 

GnomeGrown said:
You tried tasting one yet?
If not, you could always send a boxful and I will taste at least one.
No video though...
:rofl:

:cheers:
Yep.  Bonnet type flavor (so maybe a Chocolate Habanero) but really hot.  Pods are much larger that the known Chocolate Habaneros that I'm growing.

I was going to say choc. hab since it looks kinda like it. To be honest my so called chocolate scorpion has put out some 7 pot looking pods, one of em in particular looks very close to your picture, while other pods appear to have a somewhat scorpion or half scorpion look to them.

seeing all the oil im sure its crossed with a superhot.

"7 Pot" Burgundy.  I put 7 Pot in inverted commas because I don't believe it is a straight-up 7 Pot.  Many of the Trinidadian chili's are in fact multiple out-crosses - no isolation and subsequest sowing of seed from selected fruits has resulted in a myriad of different "cultivars".

This has more of a Congo shape, texture, smell but with some superhot addition somehwere along the line.  So let's call a spade a spade and stick with Burgundy Congo 'cause it doesn't look much like a & Pot - pretty much like CARDI's yellow scorpion is not a Scorpion.

Back